Hi, I’m Jolynn!
I am a Christian. A beloved child of my Father. I strive every day to hear His voice and obey His commands. Learning to “do life” with Him is exciting, challenging, and I hate to admit, but at times, sparse. I am trying to do what He has called me to do – and, in part, the reason I started this blog. I believe that He has called me to share my life, encourage, and uplift people who visit my little space on the web. I pray that I can do that for you here.
I am married to my best friend. Sounds cheesy – but it’s true. Greg is husband, my friend, my confidant, my driver in the country, my back scratcher, bath preparer, and dad to our children. He is my chosen one. I am thankful for him everyday and praise God that He made Greg and I specifically for each other. You will begin to understand how much I love this man as you get to know me.
We have 8 children: 3 biological, 5 adopted from 3 different countries, and 1 child in heaven. We just fell in love with our first grandchild in April of 2018. Our older kids are independent adults living their own stories out. I have to say that this is one of my favorite ages of our kids. We have 2 littles left at home and we are enjoying “empty nest phase one” stage of our lives. My family is NOT perfect – far FAR from it, but it is the family that God has gifted me with and I love each of them with my entire heart.
Things that make me happy:
- spending time with my friends.
- Getting mani & pedis with our girls.
- Going out to eat and driving in the country with Greg.
- Spending time in the Word to know Him more.
- One of my love languages is giving gifts. I. Love. To. Give. Gifts! Not just the big ones at Christmas time, but a card in the mail (a card that actually takes a STAMP!! :)), a flower to a friend who is having a hard day, or a text to someone who needs it just at that moment.
- I love Amazon prime a little TOO much (just ask Greg).
- I’m a sucker for a good Hallmark movie!
- Chai tea
- Decorating our house to feel like a home.
- Being Inspired: Want to be inspired too? Sign up to receive my free Spring Inspirational Quote Printable! Let me know how you use them. I always love learning new ways to display quotes! Sign up HERE!